Fan favourite Cleo is a pinafore or dungaree dress that’s easy to sew and easy to wear. Throw it on over a t-shirt, blouse or roll-neck sweater for year-round style. Once you try Cleo, you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
- Perfect for beginner sewists
- Make it either dungaree-style with buckles or as a pinafore with buttons
- Choice of mini-length or knee-length hem with front split
- Choice of patch pockets on the chest, hips and/or back
- Looks great on all ages – and includes XS size for teens and tweens!
SKILL LEVEL – Beginners
SIZE RANGE – UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
- Fabric (see below)
- Matching thread
- 0.5m (5⁄8yd) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Dungaree version: 2 x dungaree buckles and no-sew jeans buttons (buckles should be 30-35mm [1¼-1½in] wide for sizes 0-6, or 40-45mm [1 5/8in–1 ¾in] wide for sizes 7-15)
- OR Button version: 15-20mm (5/8–3/4in) buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools