The Davenport Dress is the perfect throw-on and go dress. Whether you’re shopping at your local farmers market or hanging out around the house, this ruffley dress will have you feeling cute and comfortable. It features full sleeves with an elastic ruffle hem as well as a shoulder flutter detail. The hem hits above the knees. The front neckline is gathered in with elastic, and the waist features a drawstring so this dress can be pulled on and off without any closures. Most importantly, the Davenport features roomy pockets that are perfect for stowing away all of your treasures. This pattern is suitable for all skill levels and we will take you step-by-step through the sewing process.
- Purchase includes sizes XS/0 – 7X/32 (32”/81cm -60”/152cm chest).
- This pattern was drafted using sample measurements for a height of 5’6”. Sizes XS-XXL are designed off of a block with a B/C cup size. Sizes 1X-7X are designed off of a block with a C/D cup size.
- Hem hits above the knee.
- Printed pattern includes: cute envelope, instructions booklet, and pattern in all sizes printed on white tissue paper.
- Designed for woven fabrics.
- Get inspired and share your make using #DavenportDress on social media.
- Matching thread
- Small safety pin or tube turning tool
- 1 yard [.9 meters], 3/8″[1cm] wide elastic
RECOMMENDED FABRIC The Davenport Dress is designed for woven fabrics. It is suitable for light to mid weight fabrics. Fabrics like cotton lawn or linen will make this a great dress for spring and summer! If you want it to be a bit fancier it can be sewn from a
silk or something with a bit of drape.
You may need to purchase extra yardage if your fabric has a heavy nap, is directional, striped, or has an obvious repeat.
Main Fabric (yards (meters]): please see photo of back of packet